Singapore is among the few countries which offer a mixture of world class education, latest technology, and state-of-the-art infrastructure, warm and sunny all-round the year climate and a cosmopolitan culture. No wonder that over the course of time, Singapore, has carved a niche for itself among the top hubs for educational purpose as well as attractive employment opportunities in Southeast Asia. Underneath the massive skyscrapers that dot the city, you will bear witness to an interesting amalgamation of varied Asian cultures. When combined with its status as the leading business, finance and educational hub of Asia, one feels compelled to acknowledge that there’s truly no other country that can offer young students and ambitious professionals with the kind of exposure that Singapore does.
Singapore boasts of excellent immigration policies thereby attracting many students, skilled professionals and entrepreneurs from different parts of the world making Singapore a globally competitive country.
One of the most important facts for all prospective international students is that the official language of instruction in Singapore is English. So for an applicant, who wish to study in Singapore must provide the proof of English language proficiency along with other necessary documents.
IELTS is a requirement for students wanting to avail Visa for Singapore. For undergraduate courses, an applicant should have scored at least 6.0-6.5 in IELTS while for a postgraduate programme, an applicant needs to have scored 6.5-7.0 in IELTS.
Singapore is also known as the city of gardens. The entire city is covered with lush belts of greenery ensuring that city’s lungs stay clean and unclogged. Singapore boasts of numerous homesteads, public and private apartments and hostels that are unrivalled in comfort and modernity.
Life and culture
Singapore is a melting pot of diverse cultures Indian, Malay, European and Chinese. It celebrates ethnic diversity. Moreover, because English is widely spoken you will never feel out of place. Also the city has some amazing food and a great night life.
Benefits of studying in Singapore
For Many years, UK; USA; Australia etc. have ruled the roost when it came for students zeroing down upon study abroad destinations. However, students have now started exploring other destinations on the globe as well which have the potential of providing educational experiences at par with those offered by conventional favorites. One such destination is Singapore. Singapore is fast emerging as country which is creating its own space amongst the aspirants of higher education from overseas location. Especially for Indian students, Singapore is a hot spot as it is closer home both geographically and culturally.
There are benefits of studying in Singapore. Given below are just few of them:
1. Affordable Education – While many of us wish to move overseas for our higher studies, the high cost of education in foreign locations often acts as a deterrent to our plans. But Singapore, within no time has emerged as a viable alternative for world class education at an affordable cost. The tuition fees of the universities and colleges and the cost of living in Singapore is far less than that of Australia, UK or USA.
2. World Class Educational Institutions – The cost of studying in Singapore’s universities and colleges is less, but that does not mean that institutes compromise on the quality of education being imparted to students. In fact, Singapore has some of the best educational institutes in the Asia- Pacific region. The education system of Singapore offers as much scope and innovation as of any other developed nation.
3. International Exposure – Singapore hosts students from more than 30 countries, which means that students moving to Singapore for their higher studies will get a chance to acquaint themselves with cultures and ideas of different nationalities.
4. Job Opportunities – Singapore has established itself as a hub of global economic activity. Many reputed organizations from around the world are setting up their campuses in Singapore. Singapore has many international corporations too. Economic activity at such a large scale means that there is no dearth of job opportunities in the country for the graduates.
5. Safety – As far as the safety of international students is concerned, Singapore has a policy of non-tolerance towards ragging and other kinds of physical and mental abuse, both on the campus and off it. Also, the people of Singapore have a very warm and welcoming attitude towards people from other countries.
Looking at these benefits, it is not at all surprising that many students have kept Singapore at high ranks in their preference list! You too could add this wonderful educational hub to your wishlist!